Q: What is the Yahoo Academy Learning Center?
A: The Learning Center is an on-demand education hub designed to help marketers reach their customers across every screen on one of the largest DSPs in the world.
Q: What courses are available and who can access the Learning Center?
A: We currently offer two courses:
Advanced TV Certification
- 30-minute certification course
- Open to all
- Discover the benefits of Advanced TV and its growing value for marketers. This course is designed to help you get ahead of changes in the industry so you can make the best choices to grow your business.
Yahoo DSP Certification
- 5-hour certification course
Exclusively for Yahoo DSP users.
Advance your programmatic advertising skills. In this course, you'll gain in-depth, how-to training to help accelerate your career as a digital marketer with the Yahoo DSP.
Q: What regions is the Learning Center available in?
A: The Learning Center is available globally.
- Learners have the ability to select their region. Our courses note product availability by market.
Q: Which browsers are recommended?
A: For an optimal experience, we recommend using Google Chrome to complete Learning Center coursework. If Chrome isn’t an option, make sure to use the latest version of your preferred browser.
Q: What accessibility features are used in the Learning Center?
A: The Learning Center offers various accessibility features including video closed captions, screen reader attributes, and mobile accessibility.
Q: How long is my certification valid?
A: The certifications do not expire, however, it is advisable for clients to get recertified every year to stay up to speed on the latest product releases and changes.
Q: How can I view my certifications?
A: First, you will need to pass the certification exam (for Advanced TV or Yahoo DSP). Then, you can follow the directions below:
- Access your Certificate of Completion in the Learning Center.
- Navigate to My Profile in the top-right drop-down menu
- Under Awards, select your certification
Q: How can I download and post my certification badges on social media?
A: First follow the question above to access your Certificate of Completion. Then you can:
- Go to your Certificate of Completion and copy your Completion ID
- Click on Add to LinkedIn profile
- You will be prompted to sign in to your LinkedIn account.
Issuing organization: Yahoo for Business
Credential ID: Paste in your Completion ID (See step 2 above)
- Once you've added your certificate, it will be displayed in the Licenses & certifications section of your LinkedIn profile.
Q: How is the Learning Center curriculum structured?
A: The Learning Center curriculum is designed to be flexible. For instance, certifications consist of a series of lessons known as a path. Learners can follow the path to complete a certification, or they can browse and complete lessons as standalone activities. Regardless of how coursework is completed, progress is saved across the Learning Center curriculum. This allows learners to use the Learning Center in whatever way works best for them.
Q: Do I need to complete lessons in order or can I skip around?
A: In the Learning Center, a structured series of lessons is known as a path. While paths are designed to be completed in sequential order, learners are free to skip around and complete lessons in any order.
Q: How can I navigate the coursework?
A: There are various ways to navigate the Learning Center coursework.
- Use the main menu (top navigation) to switch between featured coursework and resources.
- Learners can also visit previous courses under History (top-right dropdown menu) and resume progress.
- Additionally, the Search field and Topics dropdown (top navigation) allows learners to browse and filter lessons, paths, and all other available activities.
Q: Does the coursework cost anything?
A: The Yahoo Advanced TV Course is available to anyone at no cost! The Yahoo DSP coursework is available to Yahoo DSP users free of charge.
Q: Will my progress be saved?
A: Yes! Learners can start, pause, and revisit coursework at any time.
Q: How can I view my current enrollments?
A: Learners can review their progress and lesson completions under History (accessible in the top-right dropdown menu after logging in).